Happy Mother's Day (a day late) to all of you mother's out there. We had an enjoyable day at our house - a day of lounging around, which is exactly what I wanted. We went to church and then went out for lunch. We went to Due Amiche - only because we haven't been there in a while and we figured it wouldn't be as busy as some of the other places. We sit down and begin to order. I order the lasagna and fettuccini lunch that I always get and the waiter says "May I suggest something?" and begins to describe a dish that is similar but sounds just as yummy, so I say sure, I'll try it. Then John orders and the same thing takes place. What he suggested sounded good so he went ahead and ordered what the server suggested. Little did we know that the dishes he suggested, while not that different from the original dishes we had ordered, were $15 A PIECE!!! Really? You would think when someone orders a dish that $6.99 that the suggestion the server makes would be comparable in price - or - he would say "It's a little more expensive..." Nope. Not this guy. Maybe it was our fault for not asking and assuming that we weren't getting royally screwed on my nice Mother's Day lunch. Oh, and did I mention that they threw in a free piece of cheesecake? I would sure as hell hope for more than a complimentary piece of cheesecake for what we paid for our lovely Italian lunch. We could have had steak for what we ended up paying! The moral of the story: Don't trust the waiter guy at Due Amiche. Ha!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh wow. That's insane. We haven't been there in a while...Now I know the reason! ha!
What in the world?!?! We can all eat there for under $15!! I will be on the look out for that character, for sure - thanks for the warning!
What the heck?! You could have went to Michaelangelo's for that price! That is ridiculous!
Post a Comment