Friday, May 29, 2009

How 'Bout Now?

Luke got his cast put on yesterday. I was so proud of him and how well he did. He sat very still and listened to the doctor and did everything that they asked him to. Which really surprised me because he was in "melt-down" mode in the waiting room. His appointment was at 3:50 and we didn't get back to see the doctor until 5:10!! He thinks his cast is pretty cool and doesn't really complain about it much. He did ask me when he could take it off and I told him it would be 4 weeks and, since he still doesn't really have a concept of time, he keeps asking me "How 'bout now?" I'll tell him "No, not yet" and then he'll go play for a little bit and then he'll come back and ask again. Poor baby. He's going to have a rough 4 weeks. :)

3 comments:

april said...

I promise it gets easier every day!! Soon he'll forget it's on there!! When Ava's finally came off, she had worn a hole in the bottom of it b/c she walked on it so much, haha!! LOVE THE RED, LUKE!!

beckylbranch said...

Awe...he is so cute! He looks so proud to have that cast on! LOL!

Dallas Family said...

He looks so proud of that cast! We were thankful that no cast is required for a broken collarbone! It was a long 6 weeks with the brace! You will do great, Luke!