Luke broke his arm on Thursday night, compliments of a fall from the top of the slide on our swing set. I saw him fall and rushed outside to pick him up. His first words to me were "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" That is Luke's secret code for "I'm really hurt!!" To make matters worse, John took one look at Luke's arm and said "Take him to the emergency room, now!" My husband is usually cool as a cucumber when it comes to stuff like that so of course his increased sense of urgency really freaked me out! While I was on the way to the emergency room, I called my mom, aka Nanny, because I knew she would want to be there! She showed up just as we had finished checking in, much to my relief and Luke's. Always thinking on her toes, she grabbed her camera on the way out the door, so we have pictures to document Luke's 3rd visit to the ER. He's a rough and tumble boy through and through!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Our First Broken Bone
Telling the nurse what happend.
Posted by Sarah at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Telling the doc what happened.


He was so good about sitting still for his X-Rays.
I'm ready to go home now!!

2 comments:
Did your heart just drop when you saw him fall??!! Mine did when the gate came down on Ava - I couldn't get there fast enough!!
He is so brave!!! So smart of your Mom to grab her camera :)!
Yes it did! It was like I was moving in slow motion - I couldn't get there fast enough!! :)
Post a Comment