Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Let's Go Fly A Kite..."

***UPDATE***
It was literally 3 minutes before Jake & Luke got into it after Jake got home. Oh well, boys will be boys!
************
Since we have been minus a kiddo this weekend, John and I have tried to make this weekend as fun as possible for Luke. He really misses Jake. They talk to each other on the phone and Luke tells him that he misses him and that he loves him. Too sweet. I wonder how long that will last after he gets back home. My bet is approximately 4 1/2 minutes before they start beating the crap out of each other. Anywho, this afternoon we went out to Toad Suck Park so Luke could play on the playground and so John could teach Luke how to fly a kite. We had a great time, despite the scorching temperatures. I know, I know - it wasn't like it was 100 degrees outside but still, it was really warm! Luke had a great time flying kites with Dad while I snapped a few pictures.



Looking up at the kite.
Luke was having better luck dragging his kite than getting it up off the ground.

Yay!!

There was a horse right up by the fence that backed up to the playground and of course we had to go check it out!

Momma! Stop taking my picture!


I think Luke looks so much like his daddy did when he was little!

Just because I have a broken arm doesn't mean I can't have fun!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute pics! He looks more and more like John every time I see him!

april said...

Mary Poppins is my most favorite movie ever. Seriously. It drives D crazy :)
Nice to see he's having fun & learning new things while his brother is gone - they are both so cute!!

HeltonTexas said...

Love the kite pics and so glad Luke can still have fun with the cast!
We are just getting prepared for the heat, I can't keep my house cool enough - ugh.