Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sock Saga

This morning I came to the realization that Jake is going to be my "material" child...you know, the one that is always concerned about having the name brand clothes or the hottest toys. I had set his clothes out on our bed (like I do every morning) and he began to take objection with the socks that I had put out for him. "I don't want these socks! I want the big boy socks!" He exclaimed. For those of you who don't know, "big boy" socks are socks that are long enough for him to pull up to his knees. I had made a terrible oversight by laying out ankle-length socks instead. After a couple of tries to reason with my 5 year old (which most of you know is next to impossible), I threw up my hands and said "Daddy, you handle this one!" I was fixing my hair when I heard Jake say to John, in a very disheartened tone, "But I want the big boy socks because they are the cool socks! I need to have cool socks!" Seriously?! This kid is only 5 and he's already worried about having the "cool" stuff. I feel certain that it can only go downhill from here. :)

1 comments:

Dallas Family said...

Ok girl...you officially change your background more than anyone I know!! :) And, you have the best stories to tell...