Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm so sorry, Jake T.

So today, I feel like the most horrible mother in the world. Jake told me yesterday when I picked him up from school, that this week was "apple" week and that he was supposed to bring an apple tomorrow for the "Apple Taste Test" - to which I replied, "Mrs. Moix didn't send a note home about it so I don't think you need to bring one" Nothing else was said until this morning, when he had a total meltdown because he was supposed to bring an apple this morning. Again, I replied that Mrs. Moix didn't send home a note and that she would probably have the apples there for them. So this morning, about 10 o'clock, I came across the weekly newseltter that Mrs. Moix sends home - and there, in a little box in bold print, "Pleae send an apple with your child on Monday or Tuesday". Oh crap...of course, I was mortified...I called the school to see if they had already done the taste test...of course they had...but thankfully, the teacher had brought a few extra. Needless to say, I feel TERRIBLE!! :( I owe Jake a big apology today when I pick him up!!!!





0 comments: