Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent - Part 2

As I mentioned before, part of the Lenten season is the give up something that you really enjoy or that is really special to you. After much disucssion, this is what the boys decided on:



Yes, that's right...the boys are giving up their absolute most favorite show...Max & Ruby! They watch this show every chance that they get....we have it on DVD and on the DVR. I have to say, I'm so proud of them for making the choice to give something up that they enjoy so much becuase I know it wasn't an easy decision. :)


*****************************************************

DIET COKE UPDATE
I have been Diet Coke (and other soda) free since Wednesday. It hasn't been as tough as I thought it would be, so far. However, I suspect that as time passes, the urge to crack one open will get stronger. :) I've put a counter at the bottom of my blog that keeps track of how long I've gone without one...and yes, I'll be honest and reset it if I slip and have one!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

2 comments:

april said...

Oh my goodness! I highly doubt Miss Ava would give up her 'My Friends Tigger & Pooh' for a cupcake, much less weeks at a time!! That is very impressive, boys!!

Dallas Family said...

Way to go Jake and Luke! That is great that they gave up something they really love! It will be interesting for you to keep up with what they give up each year and see how their personalities change!