Friday, December 19, 2008

If Your Child Is Too Quiet, There IS A Reason!

Ok. Let me, again, start by saying that I love my kids with all my heart and soul. However, there are days in our house that they drive me absolutely crazy. Everyone gets bent out of shape with their kids every know and then. If you don't, you are either a saint or need to have your head examined. That being said....Luke Alan was playing in his room the other day. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, Luke is being really good today. He's being so quiet." After a while, I got that "mother" feeling in my stomach. The one that told me that he was up to no good and that I should go check on him. This is what I found:

Yes, that's Sharpie marker...on his closet door!!! We've had this issue in the past with Luke. John uses Sharpies every day in his line of work so when he gets home in the evenings, he will take everything out of his pockets and leave it on the counter. We do our best to confiscate the Sharpies and put them out of Luke's reach...however, he is a hoarder...he will manage to get his hands on one every now and then and he will hide it, resulting in situations similar to that above. I've tried everything to get that cleaned off...Magic Eraser, Windex, Fabuloso - you name it, I've tried it. Looks like we will be repainting. Oh the joys of parenthood! :)

2 comments:

Dallas Family said...

Try nail polish remover. I use it to get Sharpies off stuff at school. Not sure if it will damage the paint...worth a try if you are going to re-paint anyway.

HeltonTexas said...

oh wow.
wow