The boys and I, along with mom and sis, just got back from spending 4 days with my family that lives in Vinton, Louisiana. For those of you who aren't familiar with where Vinton, it's in the bootheel of Lousiana, just across the state line on the Texas side. This was my first trip back to Vinton in almost 2 years - and the first time that I had seen some of my family there since my grandpa passed away in February of 2006. While I enjoy getting to see my family, it's always so stressful making the trek down there. It's an 8 1/2 hour car ride with a 5 1/2 year old and a 4 year old. I had to make damn sure I had my patient pants on for this trip. Below are some snap shots.
This is Gabriela - she's my cousin Alexis' little girl. She just turned 2 in October and I (finally) got to meet her for the first time this past weekend.

This is Emma. She's my cousin Loren's little girl. She is 18 months old and has more attitude that any little girl I have ever met! :)
The boys with my cousin Casey.

This was my saving grace on this trip. My grandma does not have a computer so this was my only connection to the Internet and outside world. ha ha! :)

I think Luke's facial expression says it all.

Sis and I with the boys. It's funny because all my cousins call my mom "Aunt Sis" or "Aunt Sissy" - and that's what my boys call my sister.

This is a bad copy of a very old picture of all the cousins (from left - Blake, Me, Alexis, Casey with her arms around Loren) - judging by Loren's age I'd say it's circa 1984 maybe? Check out my awesome mullet-like hairtstyle and rockin' shorts. Ha! :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment