When I grow up,
I want to be famous
I want to be a star.
I want to be in movies.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
I remember when I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher. The house we lived in had a playroom and I had it set up as a school room - complete with student desk (compliments of mom and her handy flea market skills). My dad would bring old reports home from work and I would use those like I was reviewing grades. I even had my own attendance book, stickers, and easel with blackboard. I was destined to be a teacher...so I thought. I never, in a million years, would have guessed that I would be the office manager and ISO manager for a steel distributor. When you ask a kid what they are going to be when they grow up, you don't hear "I want to be an office manager" or "I want to be an account executive."
I often wonder about what the boys are going to be when they grow up. I sit back and watch them and factor in all their quirks. I see Luke being something like a Fireman or a Policeman - just because he's got a fearless personality and he always wants to help people. Jake, on the other hand, is a lot harder for me to determine. (I say that like I'm actually picking their careers or something). Jake is extremely smart but his little mind works so fast sometimes that he can't stay interested in something. He's so shy that I don't picture him doing something that requires him to draw a lot of attention to himself. Maybe he'll be a scientist. He's always so interested in how the things work and why and all that. Who knows. But it's fun to think about, isn't it? :)



4 comments:
I am SO jealous of your 'school-room-playroom' I LOVED playing school when I was little!!
I wanted to be a pediatrician when I was younger - then went to college for ECE & would LOVE to do Interior Design - but I just don't have the patience to sit in class that long, haha!
I'm pretty content with the job I have, though :)
Your blog is tooo cute! I love your header pic! Your boys are precious!!
Amanda
Hey! I am so glad you have a blog! I love blogging way more than Facebook! Your kids are just ADORABLE :) I've added you to my following list so I can keep up with you in bloggyland now :)
Becky
I have always wanted to be a teacher...I did deviate a little toward the end of H.S. and wanted to try psychology...but soon went right back to teaching.
Post a Comment