Sunday, April 19, 2009

Umbrella...ella...ella...ella

Although we didn't have much going on this weekend, it still wasn't the quiet and relaxing weekend that I had hoped for. John went out of town to the Super Chevy Show in Memphis so it was just me and the boys. Friday night, my sister came and stayed with me - which I enjoyed because I don't get to spend near as much time with her as I would like. Then, on Saturday, I had a Premier Designs jewelry party at my house. Even though there were just a few of us girls, we had the best time. Anna was my consultant and she is absolutely fabulous. I would highly recommend her to any of you who might want to have a party at your house. :)

I wanted to take the boys to 4 o'clock Mass on Saturday afternoon...which just so happened to be during one of the many rain showers that we had this weekend. I pulled up (about 5 minutes after church had started) and managed to secure a parking spot as close to the building as I could. It was at that moment, however, that I realized I had no umbrella. I don't ever use one. My parking space at work is literally two steps from the front door. When I pick the boys up in the afternoon, I'm right outside the door. Same with at home. I had never, until that moment, realized that it would probably be a good idea to keep an umbrella in the truck for situations such as this. There we were - parked about 1/2 a block from the church, in our dress clothes, in the pouring rain. Sigh. I don't run (because it's painful to me and it scares small children) but by God I was running to get up to church! Oh well, I learned my lesson. A big umbrella will be my next purchase!

1 comments:

april said...

Your blog looks SOOOO cute!!
Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday - I'm so over the sickies around here!
This story is HIL.ARIOUS by the way :)!!!