Friday, March 6, 2009

"No Fair!"

OK. As a mother, I hear and see lots of things that drive me nuts! Jake has what we joke about being "mild Turrette's (sp?) moments" where he will just bust out in a scream or a loud noise. Luke says "What the..." (yes, he stops with "the"). But the thing that aggravates me more than anything is the phrase "No Fair!" It makes me so mad because there is not one thing about my boys' lives that isn't fair. They have an amazing family (including two awesome parents) that loves them very much. They have more toys than they know what to do with. They have plenty of food, nice clothes, and a nice house. They have a TV and DVD player in their room. They don't have a set bedtime. We let them watch pretty much whatever they want. They are probably two of the most spoiled kids I have ever met in my life. So whenever they bust out the "no fair" when I tell them that they have to wait until tomorrow to go to the gas station and get a snack after school or when I tell them that they are going to bed early, it really gets under my skin! I've tried to explain to them that they are very blessed to have as much as they do but sometimes, I think they still don't get it. I don't think that I"m wrong in being perturbed by their uncalled for use of "no fair"....do you?

3 comments:

Nic said...

Oh..Honey...That one drives me NUTS too.

Dallas Family said...

I despise that...and mine have added "do I HAVE to?" YES! You have to brush your teeth, pick up your toys, get dressed, do homework...I am not just asking to hear myself talk...

Mrs. Cole said...

Do you remember when we were little and you would say "leave it alone" because i would touch EVERYTHING in sight... I got you ready for your boys!