Despite all the sickness that we've had in our house, we actually ended up having a decent weekend. On Saturday night, we went up to St. Joseph Catholic Church in Center Ridge for their annual Spaghetti and Sausage supper. I'm not talking about your average, out of the jar spaghetti supper. I'm talking everything homemade - the sauce, the sausage, the bread, the slaw, the pickles - everything. It's so yummy. You have to stand in line for at least an hour to get in the door. I know what you're thinking: "They waited in line with the kids for over an hour?!" Believe it or not, they were exceptionally good. Luke did get tired of standing up so he sat down on John's foot and let his daddy move him along in the line. I would have had more pictures but John is so embarrassed by my constant picture-taking. He doesn't understand - he's not a blogger. :)
On Sunday, we actually made it to 8 o'clock Mass - again! I'm so proud of us. When John and I got married, we got out of the habit of going to Mass each week...and then once the boys were born, it just made it harder and harder for us to go back. We made it a priority that we were going to start going back to church and have been going regularly since January. The toughest thing is that there is no nursery, so sometimes it's hard to listen and pay attention when you are having to correct the boys - but that's totally our fault because they never really went until we started taking them this year. I know that's terrible to say, but it's the truth. After church, we let the boys play on the playground. They were having so much fun. I got some of the cutest pictures - and then realized that Luke had a huge snot ball hanging out of his nose. Nice.



After church, my parents and sister came over for lunch. My mom made her famous roast beef, which is absolutely delicious! After lunch, my sweet husband was kind enough to wrangle the boys so I could go and take a nap! Yes, I know it was beautiful outside but I was exhausted! Overall, we had a fabulous weekend! I hope everyone else did, too!






1 comments:
I wish i was there for the roast!!mmmmmm
Post a Comment