Let me start this entry by saying that I love my kids with all my heart and soul....but there are just some days that I pray that God would help me understand exactly what is going through their little heads when they do things that makes me just want to throw my hands in the air and say "I give up!". That being said, there are two parts to this lovely story.
Part 1:
It's about 6 o'clock in the evening. I have made my trip around the world to pick up the kids and we have finally made it home. I turn the TV on to Sprout, as I do every night when we get home, and I go into the kitchen to start making dinner. I call my mom to apologize for not stopping by on the way home as I had said I would. While I'm on the phone with her, I hear what sounds like running water in my living room. I turn around and what do I find? Luke...with his pants around his ankles...PEEING in front of the leather chair in the living room. Yes, that's right - my child was peeing on the carpet. After hearing the distressed "Luke Alan!!" that comes from my mouth, my mother says to me "I'll let you go." I go into the living room and ask Luke this question: "Why did you do that?! You know better than that!!" He turns to me and says "Because I don't want to be a big boy anymore!" This kid has been potty trained for almost 6 months and all of the sudden, he decides to throw that out the window and pee on my living room floor!!! Needless to say, dinner was put on hold while I scrubbed my carpet. Yes, Lori, I do own cleaning supplies and I know how to use them! :)
Part 2:
Luke has a dance that he does when he needs to go to the bathroom. We affectionately call it the "Pee Pee Dance." He will press his legs together with his knees bent, grabs ahold of his crotch and sort of shimmy and shake around the house. You say to him "Luke, do you need to go potty?" He will look at you with a deer-in-the-headlights look and nod his head yes. So we say, "Well go potty!!" and he takes off in a sprint to the bathroom. Last night was no exception to this routine. We were watching a movie as a family and he starts doing the "pee pee dance." So John says, "Bubbie, do you need to go potty?" and Luke says "Yes, pause it!" As John pauses the movie, Luke takes off in a sprint for the bathroom. I listen, as most mother's do, to make sure that he goes...only the sounds that I hear coming from the bathroom aren't those of a little boy who is peeing in the toilet. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and pray for strength because I already know what has happened. I go into the bathroom to check on him. He went to the bathroom alright - he just forgot to get it in the toilet! Yes, that's right - he pee'd on the floor IN FRONT OF the toilet! At that point, I was so frustrated. I love my son but I was ready to ring his little neck! I cleaned up his mess, took Luke in the living room to John and said "I think I'm going to go to bed now!" It was at that point that I left it all up to John because I had had enough of being Momma for the night!!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me!
Posted by Sarah at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment