Halloween was much different when I was a kid than it is now. For example, nowadays people pay upwards of $30 plus for a child's costume. Back in the day, (oh so long ago) parents often made their kids' costumes. As was the case when I was 5. My mom made me a blue crayon costume - because, that's what I wanted to be. She worked very hard and, through her hard work, sweat, and tears she managed to come up with an awesome, state of the art (for 1986) Blue Crayon Costume. The only problem, if you notice in the picture below, was the fact that my costume came down past my knees, therefore making it very difficult for me to walk. I didn't care, though - I was determined to get my candy! We lived in a very hilly neighborhood in Little Rock this particular year. So, there I was - in my blue crayon costume waddling up and down the hills of my neighborhood to get my candy. All was well with the world until we got to the last house...where I preceded to trip and fall and ROLL down the hill that was their yard. After Mom figured out that I was uninjured, she proceeded to laugh so hard that she was almost crying. That's a great memory that I will share with my kids and grandkids....you can't make stuff like that up! :)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sometimes You Just Have To Laugh At Yourself...
Posted by Sarah at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hahaha!! My favorite part was the ROLLING!! Ha! Such a sweet memory :)
Well it was quite traumatic at the time but it's one of those things that I can look back on and laugh at now that I'm older. :)
Post a Comment