Monday, October 13, 2008

Race for the Cure 2008

This past Saturday, my family and I took part in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, so events such as this one really hit home for us. We didn't actually walk in the race, but instead we volunteered through my Dad's work (Channel 7) to help hand out freebies to the race participants. We were at the finish line of the 2K Family Fun Run handing out pink Channel 7 cups. We went through 3000 cups in 38 minutes!! Needless to say, it was a huge success! We had a great time - even if we had to be in Little Rock at 4:30 a.m. to help set up!


Sis, Mom, and myself - before the sun was even up!



This was the finish line - the survivors got to walk down through the balloons and finish to a huge round of applause.


Some really neat ladies in their hot pink hats!


CUPS!!


Yeah, I was cheesing! :)

1 comments:

april said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think I've ever seen 4:30am!! I probably would for a good cause, though :) Your Mom looks wonderful in all her pink!