Monday, October 13, 2008

In Loving Memory...I Miss You, MeMe Lou

Today would have been my grandma's 85th birthday. She passed away on December 13, 2000. Even though she has been gone all most 8 years, I still think about her every day. She was the most kind, loving, genuine person I have ever known. She was graceful, poised, and never though twice about helping others. I can only hope that I will be half of the woman that she was. Sometimes I wonder if she's looking down on me from Heaven...I can only imagine what she would think about the boys. I was very close to her when I was growing up and to think that my boys will never have the chance to meet her is heartbreaking. Although I know she is in a much better place, some days that is of little comfort because I, selfishly, wish she was still here with me. Happy Birthday, MeMe! I miss you!
Emma Lou Finney Cox
October 13, 1923-December 13, 2000

0 comments: