Monday, April 26, 2010

Green Thumb...of death.

Every year, when the flowers start to bloom, I see all these flower beds that are just beautiful and full of color...except for mine. Apparently, God did not include the "green thumb" accessory when he made me because I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. Never. Not once. Every plant that I have had seems to die. I either water them too much (or not enough) or they don't get the sunlight they need. I'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy. Anyways, the other day, we went to Home Depot to get some mulch and some trees (which are John's responsibility, since I have the green thumb of death) and I saw the most beautiful rose bush. It was just sitting there. I'm pretty sure it had a halo, the little twinkling lights, and the chorus of angels singing. I just couldn't pass it up! Now, I have planted the roses and watered them every day. So far so good. They flowers are looking beautiful - except for the one that the paper boy broke by throwing the paper into it - but that was TOTALLY not my fault. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this one alive! *fingers crossed*

0 comments: