Since I haven't posted in a LONG time...there are like a gazillion things that have happened between now and then. Hang on tight - here it goes. :)
Jake got to "dress up" for school during spirit week. He had never worn (or owned, for that matter) a tie so we figured that "Dress Your Best" day would be a good time to start. He was so excited to get to wear a tie to school that he actually woke up early and got dressed without me having to ask him. Just so you know, that NEVER happens in our house so that alone indicates how excited he was. He looked so handsome! He also looked like he was 12 instead of 6 so I have since forbidden him to wear his tie. Ok, ok, not really - but I sure did think about it.
*************************************
My sister is a senior this year (*tear*) so she got to participate in the special "Senior Night" festivities at the last home football game. All the senior band members get their name called out and then their family gets to go out on the field and congratulate them (*tear*). They also get to wear a "unique" hat instead of the typical band hat. Katy's wasn't all that unique in that it was a blue baseball cap - BUT - she did get all the seniors to sign it; which is a pretty cool memento of the occasion. In case you can't tell, I cried like a baby - she's not supposed to be so grown up!
*************************************
The boys had a very hard time deciding what they wanted to be for Halloween this year. Finally, I had to lay down the law and make them decide on something before all the costumes were gone. Jake decided first that he wanted to be a vampire...so then Luke followed close behind and said "Yeah, Mama I want to be a vampirate" - yes, that's right - a vampirate. Sweet boy. I had to do makeup for the first time ever and it was painful process. You would have thought I was scraping their skin off or something but in the end, they turned out looking pretty cool (even if I do say so myself). I managed to get a picture of them this year (as opposed to the epic fail last year) - but only ONE picture. Good thing it turned out!
*************************************
Luke had his Christmas play with his Preschool back in the first part of December. He was a rooster. Yes, that's right - a rooster. For those of you that are pulling out your Bible's and referencing the 2nd Chapter of Luke - let me save you the trouble: No, there were not "roosters" in the Nativity scene. There are, however, roosters in the Nativity scene when you have a crapload of preschoolers to fit into the Christmas play. The preschool did the same play when Jake was there and I absolutely love it. It's so cute to see all the kids decked out in their animal costumes. I'm honestly surprised that Luke participated as well as he did. When I got home from work on the afternoon of the play, Luke informed me that he had "quit" the play. Apparently someone was a little pissy about having to wear a white sweatsuit with feathers attached to it. I promptly reminded him that he didn't have a choice, that he was going to wear the costume, and he WAS going to do his part in the play. A few slammed doors, "you're mean"s, and "you've ruined my life"s later, he was in his costume and we were headed out the door. All in all, I'd say he did good. He got up there and said his "Cock-a-doodle-do" in a way that made the whole crowd laugh. That's my Luke Alan - always the life of the party.
Luke with his cousin Katherine.
*************************************
I took the boys to Hendrix one afternoon to take their pictures for my Christmas card. Much to my surprise, they actually cooperated and took some pretty decent pictures! I have to admit, they both got a toy that afternoon because I was SO happy to have a good picture of the two of them for my Christmas card!
*************************************
Well, I guess that's about it for now. I know there are things that I have forgotten or didn't have pictures for. Oh well, though! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!











0 comments:
Post a Comment